- Last week was longer than I thought it would be considering I was on a New York City theatrical high!
- I actually got to talk to AND touch Viola Davis and Zel (Denzel for the commoners) on Saturday. Both were accessible and friendly with their fans, more than I thought they’d be. (BTW: On Sunday, Viola and Zel each won a Tony for their performances in “Fences”. I think their being near me had something to do with their wins.)
- If you ever have the chance, order the bread pudding for dessert at B. Smith’s Restaurant. Walk on the wild side and order it first–before dinner–as your appetizer. You will lovvvvvvve it. It is packed with flavor! and light enough for you to still eat and enjoy all your dinner. A friend and I actually split another for “dessert”. That’s right, between us we had 3 bread puddings in one sitting. DE.LISH.US!!
- We actually had a chance encounter with Maurice Green when we were coming out of our hotel. He’s a nice guy as well. Stopped for photos and everything.
- I told Jameil I would post this little follow-up, here goes: Dr. Jekyll remembered SOSOS, came to the airport and had to circle twice. We were communicating by cell and knew the other’s location–kinda. The sun was going down.
- I was standing in plain sight wearing clothes he had seen before and wearing my shades. I was not in Desert Storm camouflage. I did not have on a L A Dodger baseball cap nor an appearance-altering scarf nor was I wearing a middle east burka.
Dr. Jekyll and I have been married for 38 years, soon to be 39 on 6/26/10! So I was confident he knew what aI looked like. When he finally stopped to pick me up he said, “How was I supposed to tell it was you if you’re still wearing shades?” Next time I’ll carry one of those signs with my name on it for limo pick up. Go figger!
That’s all I have for you right now.