It’s Friday! YaY!
- I just passed my Dean in the hallway. He was watering his plants for the weekend. He asked me, “What are you doing?” I smiled and said “Nothing.” He said, “No, really?” I said, “No really.” Really? Really!
- I visited with a young lady last night I have known for 30 or so years. Her grandmother is in the hospital. I thought I’d drop by for 20 or 30 minutes. We visited for 2 hours. Talked. Laughed. Reminisced. Now I see how two people can be in the same place, witness the same thing and come away with two totally different realities. Take Sunday dinner for example. ♦I envied her grandmother (her preacher of a grandfather and her) because they ate out EVERY Sunday after church. I (with husband, 4 children and my mother) cooked MOST Sunday. ♦My interpretation: Less work. Her interpretation: No food for snacking around regular dinner time. Who knew?
- I thought I was going to die yesterday. No, really. Around 2 p.m. I realized that I had forgotten to eat lunch. I had the shakes — literally. Went and got some food, ate and carried on. I’m fine thank you.
- We are going to a student appreciation for our dance class tonight. It should be fun. We must be on time. Why? Dr./Mr. and I have mastered about 5 dances. They will be doing the introductory dances first. Ergo, punctuality.
- I made a commitment to call people who I keep thinking about and not calling. I could not figure out when to call or I’d put it off and it wouldn’t happen or I could not decide who to call first. Well, I am calling people on my 25-35 drive home from work. Monday — childhood friend. Tuesday — former teacher. Wednesday — a second mama. Thursday — childhood friend and her husband. Today — former co-worker. Time management is a beautiful thang 🙂
- Tomorrow night we are going to a tribute to Dinah Washington’s music.
- Hope your week went well.
- What do you have on the calendar for this weekend? Enjoy Yourself!!!